American Farriers Association has authorized the Alltech Store to handle the processing and shipment of your Hoof Supplement order. To ensure that your farrier receives proper credit for a purchase, it is important that you enter your farrier's ID code at the time of purchase."
Hoof Care with a Difference
This American Farriers Association product is a premium pelleted hoof supplement for all classes of horses and ponies. It is formulated to provide optimum levels of nutrition for strong healthy hooves. Healthy hooves have fewer cracks, stronger walls and will hold shoes better.
Compare the AFA Hoof Supplement with other popular branded hoof supplements in order to see how this product provides “Hoof Care with a Difference” and is competitively priced.
The optimum blend of key nutrients to support strong & healthy hooves (per 2.5 oz. serving):
- 30 mg. Biotin
- 300 mg. Zinc
- 5,100 mg. Methionine
- 120 mg. Copper
- 1,250 mg. Lysine
- 435 mg. Vitamin C
- 9 IU/lb. Vitamin E
- Fortified with organic trace minerals and vitamins to provide nutrient balance.
- Made with alfalfa meal & rice bran for enhanced palatability.
- Approximately 60 daily servings for 1 adult horse (1,100 lb.)
Dehydrated alfalfa meal, soybean meal, stabilized rice bran, DL-methionine hydroxy analogue, molasses products, calcium carbonate, rice hulls, ground flax, vegetable oil, ascorbic acid, zinc proteinate, calcium phosphate, L-lysine, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, yeast culture, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, mineral oil, biotin, montmorillonite clay, sodium sulfate, sodium metabisulfite (a preservative), vitamin E supplement, natural and artificial flavoring, calcium iodate.
||Per 2.5 oz.
|Crude Protein (min)
|Crude Fat (min)
|Crude Fiber (max)
|Acid Detergent Fiber (max)
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (max)
|Vitamin C (min)
|Vitamin E (min)
Feeding Instructions (1,100 lb. horse):
- The enclosed scoop holds approximately 2.5 oz.
- Feed 1 scoop (2.5 oz.) per day for 6-8 months.
- After 6-8 months you can change to a maintenance level of ½ scoop (1.25 oz.) per day.
- If problems persist, resume feeding at 2.5 oz. per day.
- The product can be given as a top-dress to daily feed or grain ration.
- Adjust the amount given based on the weight of the animal. Higher amounts to larger horses, and lower amounts to smaller horses.